Due to the State programme of industrial and innovative development of the Republic of Kazakhstan during the realization of the first five-year period twice more state investments, than for the previous nine years, were enclosed in infrastructure of SEZ’s. In turn this has positively affected activity of investors: nearly 380 bln. tenge were attracted into the projects, which 7,5 times more than during the period of 2001-2009, the volume of output has rocketed and grew by 5 times and made nearly 816 bln. tenge, quantity of work places increased by 4,5 times , providing 9000 people with employment.
Certainly, SEZ open impressive prospects. Today among actively functioning factories on the SEZ territories, there are plants that include manufacturing of such products as office, printing and cardboard paper, cotton yarn, carpets, (SEZ «Ontustіk»), ball valves (SEZ «Saryarka»), fiberglass pipes, fertilizers (SEZ «Seaport Aktau»), household chemicals (SEZ «Pavlodar»), telecommunications and optical fiber products, high-tech LED products (SEZ «Park of innovative technologies»), locomotives and coaches (SEZ «Astana - new city»), etc. Furthermore, the launch of a number of projects is planned on the SEZ territories in 2015. This will include:
• Manufacture of polymer products in Atyrau region;
• Building of the dry port (SEZ «Khorgos– Eastern gates»), which will be a land transport logistics terminal with specially arranged transport infrastructure;
• Production of thermally insulated pipes (SEZ «Saryarka»);
• Production of diesel engines «GEVO» (SEZ «Astana – new city»);
• Manufacture of carpets on the territory of SEZ «Ontustik» (second stage). The launch of the first stage took place in 2013;
• Liquid medicines fabrication (SEZ «Seaport Aktau»). The launch of these and other projects would create in total about 4.5 thousand jobs.